There is nudity in some of the Before and After galleries. Click OK to continue or CANCEL to exit.
- Height: 5'5"
- Age: 54
- Gender: Male
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Weight: 190
Rhinophyma Facts and Treatments
Rhinophyma is a skin disorder that is usually from a part of rosacea. It is actually classified as part of suptype 3 of rosacea. Rhinophyma can be recognized by a red, large, bumpy nose that forms gradually over several years. The cause exactly, is unknown at this point by doctors. However, they do know that rhinophyma is more commonly found in men that are between the ages of 50 and 70 years. It is also believed that it can be the result of untreated or under treated rosacea.
Men have a much higher risk than men, you also may have a higher risk for severe rosacea and rhinophyma if you have fair skin. Some racial backgrounds have higher risks too such as English, Scandinavian, Eastern European, Scottish, and Irish. People with a family history of rosacea may have a higher risk as well.
Some of the common symptoms to look for to identify Rhinophyma are:
- Extremely Sensitive Skin
- Reoccurring bumbs and pimples
- Blotchy red areas around the center of your face
- Random facial flushing
- Swelling of tiny blood vessels on your nose and cheeks
- Ocular Rosacea – burning or gritty feeling in the eyes
- Blepharitis – inflammation of the eyelid
- Conjunctivitis – Redness and inflammation of the eye